Our values and ground rules
Nomad8 is a home for consultants. We share everything and we help each other. We learn from each other and we’ve got each other’s backs. We are each other’s work family.
We don’t have a shareholder model or owners who can get rich through other people’s work. Nomad8 as a company is not set up to make money – people who do the work directly take the majority of what they earn.
We work with clients who we like and respect. We choose clients we wish to help and whose potential we can see. We love to help them create fun, playful, creative, collaborative and disciplined Agile teams and work places. We never work over capacity and we refer clients who don’t share our values to other consultancies.
Values and ground rules
The values of Nomad8 manifest in various aspects of the way we work, communicate, and go about our daily lives. They include:
We are selective about our clients.
- check out any unknown potential clients before committing
- discuss opportunities with the group to get others’ experience and input
- we will not put ourselves or each other into toxic situations
We will communicate with each other.
- send updates about what’s happening
- ask for help or input as soon as you know you need it
- talk about successes and failures openly
We will make ourselves available to each other.
- invest time in ourselves as a company
- nobody works 40 hours/week all the time
- help each other out where possible – and flag if that’s not working
How we work with each other
- If you say you’ll do something, do it.
- Say no if you can’t.
- If things change let everyone know.
- Be explicit! If you want someone to do something, let them know that’s your expectation. Ask for takers.
- If you want something to happen, organise it. e.g. breakfast – “I’ll be here, who’s in?” – organise around yourself
We should never be average!
We share our Intellectual Property
- share presentations, courses, documents, ideas
- can use each other’s anecdotes and content – on an “ask first” basis
We decide together whether someone can join
- adding people or removing them need to be unanimous decisions
- we only add people who at least one of us has worked with in the part or are well known with a good reputation (we wouldn’t turn down Henrik Kniberg)
- in the event of a split vote on anything, the owners have a casting vote
Managing interest in Nomad8 from other people
- when do we consider bringing someone into the group?
- at least one person in the group has had to have worked with them, or someone we know or trust has worked with them, or
- they have an internationally sound reputation
- if you like someone, introduce them to the others
- everyone has to agree